We are really delighted to let you all know that David Alcock from Anthony Collins Solicitors – a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to improve lives, communities and society will be running our first half day workshop on ‘Legal, Governance and Trustees’ . This FREE session is developed and tailored for Community Managed Libraries (CMLs) and will take place on 10th of November 2017, from 10.30am in their Birmingham Office, 134 Edmund Street, B3 2ES.
The session will explore:
- Different legal forms
- What makes good governance
- Legal considerations when trading
- Local authority agreements
- Defining your needs and sourcing help
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
To book, please follow this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/legal-and-governance-workshop-10th-november-2017-tickets-33357242410
We have also organised a number of face to face and webinar based events, they include:
- a two hour webinar (starts 11am) on Community Asset Transfer, 27th October 2017, facilitated by Stephen Rolph, Head of Community Assets and Enterprise, Locality
- a whole day session on Income Generation and Fundraising, 7th of December, in London, starts 10.30am. This session is facilitated by Elaine Harrison from the Crystal Palace Community Projects Fund.
Both events will be published on Eventbrite on 29th September. Please look out for the link, it includes details of how to book and kindly share through all your networks, colleagues, trustees, volunteers and other CMLs. Thank you.