Non-domestic customers that operate in energy and trade intensive industries (ETII) are now able to apply for additional support through the new Energy Bills Discount Scheme portal. A list of those sectors eligible for the additional support can be found on GOV.UK; Libraries & Archives are included in this list.
Getting ready to apply for support
Eligible organisations will have 90 days from the scheme introduction date of 26 April to apply for the higher support. New organisations, or newly eligible organisations will have 90 days to apply from the date at which they become eligible.
Applicants will need to provide information about their organisation or business including:
• contact details
• registered name and address
• company registration number (if you have one)
• up to 4 ETII eligible SIC codes
• whether you pay bills directly to an energy supplier and details of any intermediaries involved (such as a landlord)
• the names of gas and/or electricity suppliers
• The gas or electricity meter point numbers (MPRN or MPAN) associated with the property, found on your bills from your energy suppliers.
• the name of your organisation as it appears on your bill from your energy supplier(s)
• a declaration letter signed by a named director or equivalent of your organisation or business (a template will be provided)
• A template has also been provided to record your meter point numbers. This can also be used when applying [if you have more than 10 meter point numbers per supplier].
In addition to this, you may be asked to provide financial evidence to determine your eligibility. If we require more information, we will contact you. See more on GOV.UK
EBDS Customer Support Team
If you have any questions about the application process, or how you might be eligible, you can contact the EBDS customer support team by phone or by email.
Telephone: 0300 400 5251
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5pm
Saturday, 9am to 1pm